Conflict Resolution Skills for the School Community
A Two Day Workshop on Conflict Resolution for Teachers, school administrators, and involved parents.
Course Learning Outcomes
This course will focus on conflict and communication. As a result of participating in this workshop participants will have the opportunity to:
- Increase their understanding of conflict-causes and effects, indicators of conflict.
- Learn and apply the tools of Conflict Resolution.
- Understand creative responses to conflict.
- Explore the differences between aggressive, passive and assertive behaviours.
- Learn skills to identify and manage emotions more effectively.
- Understand the processes which assist in increasing willingness and ability to resolve conflict
- Consider attitudes towards power and the efficacy of co-operative power in resolving conflict.
Content and skills covered in the two day training
Different kinds of conflict
Mapping the conflict
Willingness to Resolve
Fighting Foul, Fighting Fair
Where To From Here?
This course can also be offered in a four session format.