Should we talk about suicide?
suicideTALK is a 1.5 - to 2 - hour exploration in suicide awareness. It provides a structure in which participants can safely explore some of the most challenging attitudinal issues about suicide. It is organized around the question: "Should we talk about suicide?". Its goal is to help make direct, open and honest talk about suicide easier.
Such talk may:
- encourage life-protection, preservation and promotion activities,
- facilitate awareness of suicide as a serious community health problem,
- reduce the stigma and taboo surrounding suicide,
- increase personal commitment to and action in preventing suicide
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to:
- increase their suicide awareness and literacy;
- clarify their personal attitudes and views about suicide;
- establish a network of persons willing to discuss suicide and other issues related to mental health and well-being;
- experience a structure and a safe environment to talk about suicide;
- promote and enhance their resilience by breaking down taboos around suicide talk;
- build the foundation of an organisation or community which looks to promote the mental health of it's members.